keskiviikko 13. marraskuuta 2013

Something special!

Once in a while one comes across something really great... For me , once I find something great, I usually start going crazy and telling everybody, how great this and that stuff is! We have allready worshipped some stuff on this blog, but now we step in a different arena.. I strongly recommend you to check out following piece of art from youtube by Compagnie Marie Chouinard :
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNh9488y0WI&list=FLSBQ76fCXhj3rFkkAAUevWw&feature=mh_lolz

You need to log in to your google account to view, but I'll strongly recommend you take the time and let the piece of contemporary dance take over! It's not the easiest piece to digest, but once you get in the mood it might be end up truly mind blowing, like it did for me! I saw this piece first time on youtube maybe two years ago, and I had to watch it three times in short time! Some time ago I watched it again, and It still gets inside me.. And needless to say, I would really want to see this piece live, because I think the video even cannot do justice to the whole piece.

I'm not going to start analyzing BODY REMIX/GOLDBERG VARIATONS piece.. But for me this piece has a lot of to do with restrictions and possibilities of human body and soul! Being trapped inside body and limitations of mind etc. That aside, I suggest you just take the performance as it is and not over analyze what happens, that way I think, you can find something that moves or inspires you! Or then you just can take the wonder as WTF just happened? In either of these ways, I think it won't leave you cold!

Highest recommendations from Semisti Miinuksella Productions!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti